Sunday, June 19, 2011

INDIAN SUDOKU CHAMPIONSHIP 2011

The Indian Sudoku Championship 2011 will consist of 14 regional rounds held in the months of January to March 2011. The top 3 from each of these regional rounds will be invited for the national finals on 11-Jun-2011. The team which will represent India at the World Sudoku Championship will be selected on the basis of the performance in the Indian Sudoku Championship National Final.

Championship Page
Forum
  PARTICIPATION

 There are several ways in which you could qualify for a position in the National Finals.

You could be amongst the top 3 at one of the regional rounds.
You could be amongst the top 15 from the Online Qualifying round which will be held on date.

The 14 regional rounds will be held as a part of the college festivals in reputed colleges in different colleges across the country. The regional rounds will be held in the cities of Mumbai, Chennai, Kharagpur, Rourkela, Goa, Guwahati, Bangalore, Kanpur, Hyderabad, Ranchi, Bhopal, Delhi, Roorkee and Pilani in the months from January to March. The regional round finals will be held between the top 60 participants from the region. The 60 finalists will be selected from Regional Prelims which will be open to all participants. For more details regarding the venue and dates of the regional round nearest to you please have a look at the Schedule.

Download Instruction Booklet (Online Qualification)
Download Puzzle Booklet (Online Qualification)

The regional rounds went really well and it was nice to see so many participants in the online round too.




The national finals was held on 11th June at Community Hall inside DRDO Complex, CV Raman Nagar, Bengaluru (Bangalore)



EXPERIENCE :
INSTRUCTION BOOKLET (OFFLINE FINALS) : Download
There were in all 4 rounds to decide top 4.


Round 1 :
PUZZLE BOOKLET : Download

It was good round for me to begin this championship. I was at 12th position. I made some mistake which costed 50 points loss. I would have been otherwise at 7th position. But still 3 more rounds to go.
A 5 minute break was given to rest before the next round begins.

Round 2 :
PUZZLE BOOKLET : Download

This round was the worst round for me ever.I was able to solve only 1 sudoku.But I learnt a lot from this round. It pulled me up to 27th position.

Round 3:
PUZZLE BOOKLET : Download

I had to cover up in this round as much as possible. The round started and i cracked 3 of the 7 sudokus with great confidence. It improved my position to 15th. It made me relieved to some extent.

Round 4:
PUZZLE BOOKLET : Download
Inexperience costed me in this round. I just solved 2 sudokus. But after that round i gained some knowledge regarding it from others. Finally i finished up at 17th position.

I have to work hard on it to compete with them. Hope to improve upon it in future and increase my level of confidence.It was very nice experience in finals.


COMPLETE RESULTS

No comments:

Post a Comment