Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Puzzle No 83 (Kropki)

This one is just the way i thought to be. Creating it was a real fun. You will really enjoy it. :)

Rules :-
Place numbers of the given range in the grid such that each number appears in every row and column exactly once. If the absolute difference between two digits in neighboring cells equals 1, then they're separated by a white dot. If the digit in a cell is half of the digit in a neighboring cell, then they they're separated by a black dot. The dot staying between numbers '1' and '2' can be a black or white dot as it satisfy both rules.

Rated : Hard+

Puzzle :                               Range ( 1~9)


2 comments:

  1. I attempted this puzzle last night and reached a contradiction in which no digit could be placed in row 2, column 5. I tried it again tonight and reached the same contradiction, at which point I had someone else try the puzzle with the same result.

    https://i.imgur.com/Lmhm1YJ.png
    This is as far as I was able to get rigorously- at this point row 2 column 5 must be a 4 or an 8, but can't be a 4 due to the nearby 5 and can't be an 8 due to the nearby 7.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeffrey, I am sorry for the late reply, I somehow missed this comment. I just checked your solution. Your row 2 column 1 digit is wrong. It can be 4 also. Please check that and try again. Thank you.

      Delete